The ICP provides training to members of your school’s faculty to become resident Hidden Sparks coaches and resources for the school as they are trained and mentored in understanding and teaching to diverse learning styles and behaviors. We will support them as they provide classroom centered coaching and strategies for children. Please watch the videos below to find out more.
Training and support are at the core of this program. During the “Internal Coach-in-training” period, we will provide your select faculty member(s) with:
- The ICP Course: 6 days of formal training and one half day of shadowing in spring 2017.
- Mentoring: 7 one-on-one, half-day mentoring sessions, to take place at your school during the 2017-18 school year.
- 3 Regional Group Meetings: Facilitated, small group practicums which focus on the key coaching skills of observation, debriefing, and workshop facilitation, held during the 2017-18 school year in fall, winter, and spring.
- Participation in an annual Coach Retreat (winter 2018).
Your support is crucial to the success of the program in your school. By supporting your Internal Coach, you are helping strengthen the systems in your school for diverse learners and cultivating teacher support teams. You will be responsible to:
- Release Internal Coaches-in-training for the 6 days of training, a half-day of shadowing, 3 regional meetings, 7 monthly mentoring sessions, and a full day annual retreat.
- Assign pairs of General and Judaic Studies (who work with the same students) to work with the Internal Coach. New Internal Coaches-in-training typically work with 2 teachers.
- Arrange for the teachers whom the Internal Coach works with to meet once per month for grade level “Hidden Sparks meetings.” Both the General Studies and Judaic Studies teachers attend the meeting together.
- Provide 1 – 2 hours per week in the Internal Coach’s schedule, and appropriate coverage, for conducting classroom observations of students and one-to-one peer coaching. (The Internal Coaches will be mentored in all of these areas during the first year.)
If you are an administrator or school faculty member and are interested in hearing more about the ICP program, or need help completing the application, please contact Sara Diament, Director of School Services at Sara@HiddenSparks.org or (212) 767-7707.
Please note, we are currently accepting applications from schools in the NY/NJ Metro area. Schools in other areas are advised to contact the office regarding our other programs and bringing this one to your city.