- Learning Lenses, a collaboration between Hidden Sparks and The Churchill School and Center, is Hidden Sparks’ core curriculum. This course is designed for faculty members of day schools and yeshivot. We welcome general and Judaic studies classroom teachers, resource room staff, guidance personnel, and administrators.
Join Us for an Illuminating Professional Development
Opportunity this Summer
Hidden Sparks' popular LEARNING LENSES COURSE
is being offered LIVE this summer in NYC.
Join us for four eye-opening days, July 19-20 & 24-25 and learn to observe, reflect and plan for all the students in your classroom.
Hidden Sparks is now an authorized New York State provider of Continuing Teacher and Leader Education.
Who Should Take This Course?
What you will learn
What Will I Learn?
- The Hidden Sparks Learning Lenses curriculum will help you learn how to observe, reflect and plan for all students in your classrooms.
- Using multiple lenses and real-life case studies, you will learn to understand student strengths and challenges, and identify strategies for all learners, including those who struggle academically and present challenging social-emotional issues.
- Neurodevelopmental Lens: A neuro-developmental understanding of learning including topics such as attention, memory, social skills, language, higher order thinking and sequencing.
- Ecological Lens: the ways in which the child’s home life, classroom culture and community impact their experience.
- Temperamental Lens: identifying, understanding and celebrating components of a child’s innate personality.
- You will expand your instructional and conceptual toolboxes to improve student achievement.
- The four-day course will run from 9am-4:30pm on July 19-20 & 24-25 in Midtown Manhattan.
- A strictly kosher lunch and will be provided.
- There will be a brief assignment to complete in the evenings.
- A certificate of course completion for 34 hours of coursework will be provided upon completion of the course. (Hidden Sparks is authorized by the New York State Department of Education to provide Continuing Teacher and Leader Education.)
$365 For Early Bird Registration by 5/30
$410 After 5/30
Hollis Dannaham, M.Ed., is a Senior Hidden Sparks Coach. She has been empowering complex learners for 30 years as a learning specialist, special educator, administrator, and consultant in public, private, and charter schools. Hollis created Transform Boundaries, an organization dedicated to helping schools create programs for reaching their complex learners, served as the Director of Academic Intervention at Explore Charter School, co-created the Carmel Alternative High School for at-risk teens, and worked as a learning specialist at the Student Success Center of All Kinds of Minds. She was recently published in Jewish Educational Leadership Journal and Education Update.
Elizabeth Fox, Director of Education, Hidden Sparks: Ms. Fox oversees Hidden Sparks’ External and Internal Coach programs as well as all aspects of training. Prior to her position at Hidden Sparks, she served as professional development advisor for the Center for the Professional Education of Teachers (CPET) at Columbia University Teachers College, where she is currently a doctoral student in English Education. Ms. Fox has held numerous positions in which she designed and facilitated workshops on various components of comprehensive school reform, to create structures and systems within schools that would improve their culture and efficacy, to develop and implement experiential learning programs for high school students throughout the city, and to start an organizational development program for school leaders.
For further information about the course, please contact:
Director of School Services