Your students are diverse in their strengths and challenges, background knowledge, and learning preferences. The Hidden Sparks Internal Coach Program trains peer coaches to help you meet your student’s diverse needs. They become resident experts and resources to your faculty in understanding and supporting all learners.
The designated faculty member(s) will receive training and on-site mentoring in understanding and teaching to diverse learning styles, strategies for struggling students, and skill development to become peer coaches.
Your school can designate one or more faculty members, including secular or Judaic studies teachers, guidance staff, resource room personnel and administrators to participate in our subsidized six day training. We encourage training faculty teams to take advantage of this resource and build school capacity in this area. Following the training, the “internal coaches in-training” receive in-school mentoring by a senior Hidden Sparks coach over the course of the subsequent academic year in order to hone their coaching skills. Select coaches will be eligible to continue on for a second year of mentoring as part of our Polinger coaches program.
- Understanding the Hidden Sparks Learning Lenses®: 1. The neurodevelopmental constructs such as: Language, Attention, Memory, Temporal Sequential Organization, Social Cognition, Higher Order Cognition, and Ordering Systems, 2. Ecology and Classroom Ecology and their impact on success in school, and 3. Temperamental Traits and their affect on children’s learning experiences.
- Coaching skills that will allow them to coach fellow faculty members as they conduct guided observations of children that are struggling, debrief on their strengths and challenges and develop strategies together.
- Facilitation skills that will allow them to both facilitate monthly teachers meetings to review students’ learning profiles and develop presentations on aspects of learning and behavior.
- Training begins with a 6 day course held in the winter and spring.
- During the school year following the course, new coaches will be mentored by senior Hidden Sparks coaches and attend small-group regional meetings as they hone their skills.
- The Early Bird tuition for the Internal Coach Program is $400 for one participant, $800 for two, and a third can participate at $250 if the application is received by December 23rd. After December 23, 2016, the fees increase to $475 per participant. Special pricing for groups of four or more. Please call the office for details. NOTE: For schools participating in the External Coach Program, the cost of training new Internal Coaches is included in the annual ECP Program fee.
- Please note, we are currently accepting applications from schools in the NY/NJ Metro area. Schools in other areas are advised to contact the office regarding our other programs and bringing this program to their city..
The application process for the Winter/Spring 2017 training program has closed. Please go to the top of our homepage and add your name to our mailing list for updates on future trainings, or contact Sara Diament, Director of School Services, at 212-767-7707/Sara@Hiddensparks.org.
Take a Peak at our Course