Designed to support your school’s long term ability to understand and teach to all students in the classroom, including those that struggle, the Internal Coach Program provides training to a member of your school’s faculty to be a resident Hidden Sparks coach. The designated faculty member(s) will be trained in understanding and teaching to diverse learning styles and behaviors, to provide classroom centered coaching and strategies for children, and to guide their fellow teachers to be reflective educators.
Your school can designate one or more faculty members, including secular or Judaic studies teachers, guidance staff, resource room personnel and administrators to participate in our subsidized six day training. Following this training, the “internal coach” will receive in-school mentoring by a senior Hidden Sparks coach over the course of the subsequent academic year as they hone their coaching skills. Selected coaches will be eligible to continue you on for a second year of mentoring as part of out Polinger coaches program.
- Understanding the Hidden Sparks Learning Lenses®: 1. The neurodevelopmental constructs such as: Language, Attention, Memory, Temporal Sequential Organization, Social Cognition, Higher Order Cognition, and Ordering Systems, 2. Ecology and Classroom Ecology and their impact on success in school, and 3. Temperamental Traits and their affect on children’s learning experiences.
- Coaching skills that will allow them to coach fellow faculty members as they conduct guided observations of children that are struggling, debrief on their strengths and challenges and develop strategies together.
- Facilitation skills that will allow them to both facilitate monthly teachers meetings to review students’ learning profiles and develop presentations on aspects of learning and behavior.
The 6-day training will take place on February 8, 9, 14, 15 & May 3-4, 2017 in a Midtown Manhattan location.
- During the school year following the course, new coaches will be mentored by senior Hidden Sparks coaches and attend small-group regional meetings as they hone their skills.
- The Early Bird tuition for the Internal Coach Program is $400 for one participant, $800 for two, and a third can participate at $250 if the application is received by December 23rd. After December 23, 2016, the fees increase to $475 per participant. Special pricing for groups of four or more. Please call the office for details. NOTE: For schools participating in the External Coach Program, the cost of training new Internal Coaches is included in the annual ECP Program fee.
Click here to download application for New Schools.
Click here to download application for Continuing Schools.