Join us for an Illuminating Professional Development
Opportunity on a Flexible Schedule
Hidden Sparks' popular LEARNING LENSES COURSE
is offered as a Blended Course — combining the best of
in-person and on-line learning
Who Should Take This Course?
- Learning Lenses, a collaboration between Hidden Sparks and The Churchill School and Center, is Hidden Sparks’ core curriculum. This course is designed for faculty members of day schools and yeshivot. We welcome general and Judaic studies classroom teachers, resource room staff, guidance personnel, and administrators.
- You need not have experience taking on-line courses. All technology and platforms will be explained and there will be technical support available throughout the course.
What you will learn
What Will I Learn?
- The Hidden Sparks Learning Lenses curriculum will help you learn how to observe, reflect and plan for all students in your classroom(s).
- Using multiple lenses (neurodevelopmental, temperamental, ecological) and real-life case studies, you will learn to understand student strengths and challenges, and identify strategies for all learners, including those who struggle academically and present challenging social-emotional issues.
- You will expand their instructional and conceptual toolboxes to improve student achievement.
How Will the Course Work?
- The 5 week course is framed by an in-person training day the first week of the course, followed by 5 weeks of online learning, and culminates with an in-person training day at the end of the course.
- The on-line modules are completed weekly on your own schedule, and include training videos, readings, and discussion.
- There will be many rich on-line opportunities for you to connect, share, and discuss the material with other participants and the facilitator, including two live webinars hosted by the course facilitator.
- You can expect to dedicate 4-5 hours a week to on-line coursework.
- A certificate of course completion for 30 hours of coursework will be provided at the end of the course.
Course begins with a Live Day
9:00 am-4:30 pm, NYC location
Followed by 5 weeks of Online Course Work
(4-5 hours/week of coursework)
Course ends with a Live Day
9:00 am -4:30pm, NYC location
Claire Wurtzel, Co-Educational Director, Hidden Sparks: Ms. Wurtzel recently retired as the Director of Faculty Development for the Churchill School and Center in New York. Prior to this position, Ms. Wurtzel was the Director of Faculty Development for the New York City Schools Attuned initiative for All Kinds of Minds. In her capacity as Director, she oversaw Schools Attuned courses, mentor training and facilitator training for over 400 New York City Schools.
Elizabeth Fox, Director of Education, Hidden Sparks: Ms. Fox oversees Hidden Sparks’ External and Internal Coach programs as well as all aspects of training. Prior to her position at Hidden Sparks, she served as professional development advisor for the Center for the Professional Education of Teachers (CPET) at Columbia University Teachers College, and is currently a doctoral student in English Education there.
$xxx For Early Bird Registration
Space is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
We are not currently accepting registrations.
For summer 2017, please see our Learning Lenses Live summer course page.
For further information about the course, please contact:
Director of School Services