Developing the Art of Asking Powerful Questions in the Classroom (CTLE eligible)
No commercial benefit may be derived from the viewing, copying or dissemination of this Hidden Sparks content, without prior permission from Hidden Sparks.
Webinar Date: Nov 04, 2020
Presenter: Laya Salomon
This session will explore the power of questions in the classroom by examining:
- Questioning as an effective instructional technique;
- Questioning strategies that ensure active engagement and whole-class involvement;
- The Do’s and Don’ts in questioning – how to and how not to ask questions;
- Higher order cognition – the value of higher order questions and examples of questions that range in level of cognition;
- Research-based strategies for effectively responding to student questions; and
- Suggestions for creating an environment that supports student questions
Dr. Laya Salomon is Associate Professor at the Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration at Yeshiva University and Director of Azrieli’s PELE Fellowship Program in Jewish Education. Dr. Salomon teaches master’s and doctoral level courses in leadership, supervision, curriculum, assessment, teaching methodologies and differentiated instruction, and she supervises student teachers. Prior to joining Azrieli in 2004, Dr. Salomon was a professor of psychology and education at Touro College and a Judaic studies teacher.